Honey has been used for centuries in the daily care routine, partly due to its soothing effect. In addition to honey, bees also make other special products, all rich in active ingredients that help keep skin and hair healthy and beautiful. Together they form the basis of our cosmetics line. Bees are true alchemists!
To the nectar that bees get from flowers and blossoms, they add different enzymes and good bacteria from their salivary glands. As a result, and through thickening through natural evaporation, nectar is ultimately converted into honey. Our organic faitrade honey contains not only enzymes but also many minerals, vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants.
• Recovering: the antioxidants in honey are good at neutralizing cell-damaging free radicals. In this way, acquired skin damage (for example due to air pollution or UV radiation) can be repaired and skin cells are protected against future damage.
• Anti-aging: this cell-protective effect also offers immediate protection against premature aging. Antioxidants keep the network of elastin and collagen fibers, responsible for the firmness, elasticity and smoothness of the skin, in good condition.
• Healing: with its healing, antibacterial effect, honey accelerates the healing process of wounds and prevents a wound from becoming inflamed.
• Hydrating: honey is a so-called "humectant", an ingredient that attracts and retains moisture in skin and hair.
• Soothing: honey makes hair and skin soft and supple.
• Calming: on sensitive, quickly irritated (main) skin, honey has a calming and itch relieving effect.
The milky liquid that young worker bees produce specifically for their queen in their salivary glands is called jelly generous, royal jelly or royal jelly. There are such high concentrations of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, flavonoids and other nutrients that the queen bee can be twice as large and even 24 times older than a normal bee.
• Anti-aging: the many antioxidants and minerals in Gelee Royale activate the production of elastin and in particular collagen, responsible for strong connective tissue. The skin remains firm, smooth and elastic.
• Cell renewal: the production of new skin cells is also stimulated, which enhances the anti-aging effect of jelly generous. The skin becomes softer and looks smoother, younger and more radiant.
• Hydrating: Gelee royale is a so-called "humectant", an ingredient that attracts and retains moisture in the skin.
They make the wax that bees use to build their honeycombs, with the help of wax glands on both sides of their abdomen. Rich in natural antimicrobials, beeswax protects larvae and stored pollen and honey against viruses and bacteria.
• Protective: applied to the skin, beeswax forms a layer that offers protection against harmful external factors and prevents moisture loss in the skin.
• Hydrating: beeswax is also a so-called "humectant", an ingredient that attracts and retains moisture in the skin.
• Cell renewal: beeswax stimulates the production of new skin cells. The skin becomes softer and looks smoother, younger and more radiant.
• Calming: beeswax is soothing and itch relieving on sensitive, easily irritated skin.
Pollen comes from flowers, to be precise from the male germ cells of a flower. It is rich in carbohydrates and is therefore the largest food source for bees. During its collection, bees unknowingly transfer pollen from one flower to another, causing pollination. The collected pollen is mixed with nectar, pelleted and flown to the hive. These pollen grains are full of proteins, amino acids and flavonoids.
• Recovering: because of all those flavonoids, pollen has strong antioxidant properties. That makes it a rewarding cosmetic ingredient, because antioxidants are able to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals from, for example, air pollution particles and UV radiation. In this way, existing skin damage is repaired and skin cells are better protected against future damage.
• Anti-aging: antioxidants in particular have a beneficial effect on the connective tissue of the skin. They repair and protect the elastin and collagen tissues in the deeper layers of the skin, keeping the skin firm, smooth and elastic.
• Soothing: pollen has a soothing effect on (rough) skin.
• Volume activating: pollen gives fine hair more body and volume.
In addition to nectar and pollen, bees collect resin from various tree and plant buds. Here too, they add various enzymes from their salivary glands, creating a sticky wax - propolis. Bees use propolis to strengthen their beehives and to protect their people against viruses, bacteria and fungi. Propolis naturally has a strong antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial effect.
• Purifying: propolis also fights bacteria as an ingredient in skin care. It therefore has a purifying and anti-inflammatory effect on skin that suffers from clogged pores, impurities and even acne.
• Restorative: thanks to the many antioxidants in propolis, it helps to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals from, for example, air pollution particles and UV radiation. Any skin damage that has been acquired is repaired in this way and future damage to skin cells is prevented.
• Anti-aging: antioxidants have a particularly beneficial effect on the connective tissue of the skin. They repair and protect the elastin and collagen tissues in the deeper layers of the skin, keeping the skin firm, smooth and elastic.
• Cell renewal: propolis stimulates the production of new skin cells, which enhances its anti-aging effect. The skin becomes softer and looks smoother, younger and more radiant.
• Calming: on sensitive, quickly irritated (main) skin, propolis has a calming and itch relieving effect.